COVID-19 Guidance for Businesses from Adams Moore Ltd
We understand the current situation is likely to be both challenging and stressful for many of our clients, but we want to reassure you that it is business as usual at Adams Moore and our offices remain open. Please do not hesitate to contact us via the usual methods if you have any queries, but we are advising people to keep themselves updated on the latest information and business advice to inform their response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We’ve put together some links you can follow to obtain the latest information, advice and guidance quickly and easily.
Find out the number of cases and risk level in the UK, what to do if you’re a returning traveller, and what the Government is doing about the virus.
Guidance for Employers and Businesses
This guidance will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to staff on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19;
- how to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19;
- what to do if someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in a workplace setting;
- what advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas;
- actions to take if staff come into contact with someone who is self-isolating or is a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19.
ACAS Advice for Employers and Employees
Support for Those Affected by COVID-19
- The Budget has announced a plan to provide support for public services, individuals and businesses affected by Covid-19.
- The Chancellor has set out a £12 billion package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, individuals and businesses through the economic disruption caused by COVID-19.
- This publication gives further detail on the measures announced by the Chancellor including additional funding, Statutory Sick Pay changes, and an increase in the Business Rates retail discount for one year.
Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
This will temporarily replace the Enterprise Finance Guarantee (EFG); becoming available over the coming days. See the latest updates on the British Business Bank website.
Other Finance Options
A number of private lenders are also making funds available to small businesses impacted by COVID-19, including £2 billion from Lloyds Banking Group and £5 billion from NatWest. Businesses can also access a range of finance through the Government-owned British Business Bank, visit the Bank’s Finance Hub.
HMRC Covid-19 Helpline
Call 0800 0159 559
To support businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to Coronavirus, call the above helpline.